TUESDAY, JUNE 12TH - JOINT U.S. ARMY & U.S. AIR FORCE 'RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY DAY'
Media are cordially invited to attend the Joint U.S. Army & U.S. Air Force 'Renewable Energy Industry Day,' Tuesday, June 12th, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, Virginia, 22202. Key speakers include the Honorable Katherine Hammack, assistant secretary of the Army for installations, energy & environment, and the Honorable Terry Yonkers, assistant secretary of the Air Force for installations, environment & logistics.
The Joint U.S. Army & U.S. Air Force Renewable Energy Industry Day will bring together government and industry leaders to discuss opportunities for public-private collaboration in renewable energy development as the two services strive to meet their 1 Gigawatt each goal. Senior Army and Air Force energy officials will provide specific direction on the renewable energy goals of each Service as well as the processes through which the Services are seeking to establish partnerships with the private sector. The event will serve as a forum for discussion of the approaches and technical challenges to overcome as the military and private sector work together to build renewable energy capacity and strengthen energy security.
(Note: the schedules of Hon. Hammack and Hon. Yonkers do not permit interviews with the media on Tuesday so both have agreed to a joint media roundtable from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. EST Wednesday, June 13th. When RSVP'ing please indicate to which event you will participate or both.)
Additional speakers will include:
- Dr. Kevin Geiss, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Energy
- Mr. Timothy Bridges, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Environment, Safety and Occupational Health.
- Mr. John Lushetsky, Executive Director, Army Energy Initiatives Task Force
- Ms. Kathy Ahsing, Director of Planning & Development
- Mr. Alan King, Director of Execution & Outreach, Army Energy Initiatives Task Force.
Topics for discussion include:
- Army Energy Initiatives Task Force Update
- Army & Air Force Renewable Energy Overviews
- Air Force renewable energy requirements and strategic plans to achieve renewable energy goals
- Review of four specific Air Force projects that will be going out for solicitation
- Army Procurement Options Panel
The Industry Day will conclude with a Renewable Energy Panel.
To view the complete agenda visit: http://upcomingevents.ctc.com/Army_AF_Industry_Day/agenda.html